Cast Iron Pan Apple Pie
Cast iron pans have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. They are durable, versatile, and can be used for a variety of dishes, including desserts like apple pie. In this article, we will share with you our recipe for a delicious cast iron pan apple pie dessert that will have your taste buds dancing with delight.
- 1 premade pie crust
- 4-5 cups of thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Take your premade pie crust and place it into your cast iron pan, making sure to press the crust into the edges of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your thinly sliced apples, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix all the ingredients together until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the apple mixture into the cast iron pan, making sure to spread it out evenly.
- Cut your unsalted butter into small pieces and scatter them on top of the apple mixture.
- Take the remaining pie crust and cut it into thin strips. Lay the strips over the apple mixture in a lattice pattern.
- Brush the top of the crust with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Place the cast iron pan into the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Making the Best Cast Iron Pan Apple Pie:
- Use a premade pie crust to save time and effort.
- Make sure to slice your apples thinly and evenly for a consistent texture.
- Use a mixture of granulated sugar and light brown sugar for a balanced sweetness.
- Add a touch of nutmeg for a warm, cozy flavor.
- Be sure to let the pie cool for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the filling to set.
In conclusion, making a delicious cast iron pan apple pie dessert is easier than you think. With the right ingredients and a little bit of know-how, you can create a mouth-watering dessert that is sure to impress your family and friends. So why not give it a try today?