Crusty French Bread Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the comfort of freshly baked crusty French bread. The aroma that fills the house, the sound of the crust crackling as you tear off a piece, and the way the warm bread melts in your mouth – it’s pure bliss. Whether enjoyed on its own or paired with a bowl of soup, freshly baked crusty French bread is the ultimate comfort food. Do yourself a favor and bake a loaf today. Your taste buds (and soul) will thank you. 🍞💛 #crustyfrenchbread #comfortfood #freshlybaked #homemade #bakingtherapy
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread flour, salt, and active dry yeast. Mix well.
- Add the warm water to the bowl and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into a round shape and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise again in a warm place for another 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Use a sharp knife to make a few shallow slashes on the top of the dough.
- Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown and crusty.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Slice the bread and serve it warm with butter or your favorite toppings.