Maple Smoked Bacon
🥓🔥 Nothing beats the smell and taste of homemade maple smoked bacon! 🍁🌲 This recipe is so easy and the results are absolutely mouth-watering. The pork belly is coated with a maple and spice rub, then smoked to perfection over apple wood chips. The end result is crispy, smoky, and bursting with sweet and savory flavor. 🤤👌
If you’re looking for a fun and delicious weekend project, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try! Your family and friends will thank you. Plus, you’ll have plenty of leftover bacon to enjoy all week long. 😋🙌
- 1 lb. pork belly (skinless)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Apple wood chips (or your preferred wood chips)
- Mix together the maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl. This will be your bacon rub.
- Coat the pork belly with the bacon rub, making sure to coat it evenly on all sides.
- Cover the pork belly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Soak the apple wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes before you start smoking.
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F.
- Once the smoker is preheated, add the soaked apple wood chips to the smoker box.
- Place the pork belly on the smoker rack and smoke for 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature of the pork belly reaches 150°F.
- Remove the pork belly from the smoker and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the bacon to your desired thickness and enjoy your delicious homemade maple smoked bacon!