Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and garlic with the olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure they are in a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the roasted potatoes with a potato masher or a fork until they are mostly smooth but still slightly chunky.
- Add the heavy cream and butter to the mashed potatoes and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Season the mashed potatoes with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped chives for garnish.