Venison Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 pound venison steak, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4-6 slices of provolone cheese
- 4-6 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the thinly sliced venison steak to the skillet, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the venison is browned on all sides but careful not to overcook.
- Remove the venison from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and sauté the sliced onions and green bell pepper until they are tender and slightly caramelized, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the venison back into the skillet with the onions and peppers, and stir to combine.
- Top the venison mixture with slices of provolone cheese, and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toast the hoagie rolls, and then spoon the venison mixture onto the rolls.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious venison Philly cheesesteak!
Note: Feel free to add other toppings, such as sautéed mushrooms or hot peppers, to customize your cheesesteak to your liking.