Moose steak with mushrooms
Moose steak with mushrooms
Are you feeling adventurous in your culinary pursuits and seeking a gastronomic experience that tantalizes your taste buds? Look no further than this recipe for a succulent dish of moose steak with an irresistible combination of earthy mushrooms, piquant onions, and a velvety red wine sauce that is sure to leave your palate craving for more!
To begin, let’s focus on the pièce de résistance – the moose steaks. The first step is to remove them from the refrigerator and allow them to reach room temperature, which should take approximately 30 minutes. Once they have reached the desired temperature, season the steaks with a generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides, ensuring that the seasoning penetrates the meat’s fibers.
Next, heat up a substantial quantity of olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the steaks in the pan and let them sizzle and sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are perfectly caramelized and bronzed to perfection.
While the steaks are cooking, it’s time to shift our focus to the mushrooms and onions. Begin by slicing a fresh onion and approximately 8 ounces of mushrooms. Once the steaks are cooked to your liking, transfer them to the oven to keep them warm and place the cast iron skillet with the flavorful drippings in the oven as well. Allow the steaks to cook in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, depending on your preferred level of doneness.
While the steaks are resting, it’s time to prepare the pièce de résistance – the red wine sauce. Add the sliced onions and mushrooms to the cast iron skillet and sauté them over medium heat for approximately 5-7 minutes until they’re tender and slightly caramelized. Pour in a cup of dry red wine and a cup of beef broth, bringing the sauce to a vigorous boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and let it reduce for approximately 10-15 minutes, until it has thickened to a desirable consistency. Finally, incorporate a generous amount of butter into the sauce to achieve a smooth, creamy texture.
Retrieve the moose steaks from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes. Once they have settled, arrange them gracefully on a serving dish and lavishly top them with the delectable onions and mushrooms. Finish off by drizzling the velvety red wine sauce over the top, allowing the rich flavors to seep through and mingle with the savory meat, creating a heavenly symphony of flavors and textures.
- 2 moose steaks, about 6-8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take the moose steaks out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the moose steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the moose steaks in the cast iron pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Once the steaks are browned, transfer the cast iron pan to the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Once the moose steaks are cooked to your liking, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, add the sliced onions and mushrooms to the pan you used to cook the steaks.
- Cook the onions and mushrooms over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are soft and slightly browned.
- Pour the red wine and beef broth into the skillet with the onions and mushrooms.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the butter until it has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Serve the moose steaks with the mushrooms and onions on top, and drizzle the red wine sauce over everything.
Prepare yourself for an unparalleled culinary adventure with this magnificent recipe for moose steak with mushrooms, onions, and red wine sauce. It is an excellent dish for special occasions, a cozy night in, or whenever you want to indulge in a sensational culinary experience. Savor every bite and enjoy the delectable flavors that this exquisite dish has to offer!